07 November 2007

Hmmm... What Else Happened In October?

I volunteered as a chaperon for Bailey's field trip to the St. Louis Zoo. Little did I know I was not just a chaperon for her class to help the teacher corral the kiddos. I was given 3 kids besides my own and told to have fun, see you at a certain time back at the bus, and don't forget to have lunch some time today. This was the first I had heard of this and was not too sure how I felt about it. These days you never want to be left alone with kids you don't know and holy cow what if you or one of them have to use the restroom! So I knew one of the other moms and asked if I could tag along with her since apparently this was not news to her. The day went OK until the last 45 minutes when one of my kiddos decided he had a tummy ache and couldn't walk anymore. So we decided to just go back to the entrance where they had some exhibits indoors and he could sit and the others could check out the bugs and stuff. Oh no, it couldn't be that easy, the other boy I had was NOT happy about going back because we had not seen the Giraffes. He cried for probably 20 minutes about not seeing the Ggiraffes. Finally it was time to go and we got on the bus and I punched out of the time clock! Here are a couple pics:


2 comments:

Ellen said...

That would not have made me a very happy camper!

MandySue said...

I do remember splitting up some when I was little. I think they gave us a parent and a some certain guidelines and then let us go. Not too sure how I feel about that now that I am a mom!