13 November 2007

EEEWWW What's That Smell? (Warning:May Get Graphic!)

Tom was in Georgia again last week and called me on his way home on Friday and said hey wanna go to Missouri? Well, um OK. So Friday was spent doing laundry so that we could head out of town. He pulled in the driveway at 2:30, after an 8 hour drive and we were back on the road again for another 4 hours at 3:00 to visit some friends we had in Grand Forks who are now stationed at Whiteman. We had a good time hanging out and the kids had a blast paying with their friends. Last week I noticed that Kamdyn was getting some pretty foul breath. She had had a runny nose for a while so I thought maybe she was getting a sinus infection or something like that. I kept waiting for the fever and just plain rundowness (Is that a word? anyway) and it never appeared but the stink worsened!!! So after bath last night Tom looked in all of Kamdyn's facial orifices to check for spots on her throat, something in her ear, or possibly something in her nose. Then he saw it!!!! There was something blocking her nasal passage on her right side. He tried tweezers and such but really wanted a nasal aspirator to suck it out. So I called my neighbor who has a little boy and asked her if she had one and of course she did but she also reminded me that her husband was a doctor and might have some other device to extract the unknown object. DUH!!! I completely forgot and went over to see what he could find. Luckily he had some kind of extraction device and it was out in no time and Holy Cow did it smell. No wonder her breath was smelling so bad. So I suppose you want to know what it was....well I knew right away when I saw it. It was a piece of carpet pad. You see last week sometime when she was supposed to be napping she was playing with the heater vent cover and if you take it off it exposes the carpet pad and wood and stuff and apparently she didn't know where to put the piece she ripped off so she put it up her nose. So there is that worthy news for you all? I tried to make it as graphic as possible for you cuz I knew you would enjoy it!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Now that is some good stuff!! Ewwww....gross! At least you found it. I am still thinking to myself how strange that is that she would put that there, but then you know how my child functions so that would never happen to me!

MandySue said...

I am still laughing. How sneaky was that! Ashley thank goodness has been drawn to put anything besides her finger in her nose. Thank goodness, even though I swear she's got her finger up there all the time.

I just got off the phone with my sister and we were laughing about the foul breath of my nephew after he got his tonsils out. Oh that was terrible.

Congrats on the successful extraction.