15 June 2008

Texas Hold'em

I don't know if I told any of you that since we have moved here we have taken up Texas Hold'em Poker. We play pretty much every weekend and some week nights. I know, a little overboard but it passes the time. There are usually 7 of us playing but we have had 11 playing more than once. We usually play in the neighbors garage if the weather permits. Anyway, on to the story...the Club here on base does a Texas Hold'em tournament once a month for a $5.00(club member) buy in. We all decided we should try it sometime, well that was February, and we have been every month since. The more you play the more points you get and if you have enough at the end of the year you get to play in the big tournament. They also take the top 3 from each month and they get an automatic spot in the end of year tournament. The first time I went all I wanted was to not be the first one out. There are between 100 and 110 people playing each month and I was 43rd out my first time so I was pretty excited. My goal each month has been to make it further each time and I have. One month our neighbor was first out!!! Then last month he got first place! Well, we went to play last night and Tom got 9th place, I got 3rd, and the neighbor got 2nd!!! So I now have a seat in the final tournament!!! Yay! Tom won a free lunch at the club, I won a 2 night stay at a place in Branson, MO, and the neighbor won $100.00.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

How fun! I dont' have a clue how to play!

MandySue said...

I've played a few times. But I have to admit, I'm not very good.

MandySue said...

Hey it's almost halfway through July......BLOG :)