24 May 2007

Vegas Baby!

Tom has been trying to get me to Vegas for what seems like forever. I finally gave in after seeing a two-fer-one deal we couldn't pass up. Oh and it was for our 15th anniversary too. I have to admit it was something to see, not really for me but very interesting none the less.
We stayed at the Excalibur which was nice since it had just recently been updated. Here is a pic out of our 18th floor window. We spent the first day WALKING for miles and I ended up with blisters on my feet, OWWWY. The next day we decided to get a bus pass that would take us up to the the old strip, much less walking. It was pretty cool, I didn't get to see the lights that come on at night since we went up early in the day.
We stopped at a few of the sites on the way back. To include The Flamingo Hotel and Casino, the oldest one still there...

...and The Grand Canyon (well, not really but it looks like it)

Bailey's favorite part about our trip was when she saw a picture of the double decker bus we got to ride.

We did get to see Elvis too, cuz you just can't got to Vegas and not see him. The only thing was, all I could find was this fat version.


It was a short 3 day trip but enough to see everything and not go over Tom's gambling budget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Viva.....FAT ELVIS!!!

Ellen said...

Holy Cow! I didn't know you went to Vegas...Cool!