07 March 2007

Finally!!!

I know some of you already know and I am late posting this but for those who don't know and those who just need to hear it again to believe it....We got orders and will (hopefully) be moving to Kadena AB on the island of Okinawa, Japan. We won't leave here till the end of July beginning of August because we don't have to be there unitl Spetember and want to take some leave before we go. We are all pretty excited to see something other than this frozen tundra we have called home for almost 12 years. Bailey can't stop asking questions... Do they have volcanoes? Are the sharks and whales close to shore? Do they say the National Anthem in Japanese? Do they have school boats to ride instead of school busses? My husband finally got his hard copy confirmation so now we can get started on our passports and medical clearances. I just can't help but think they could still get cancelled because we actually want to go and the time frame is so far away...a lot can happen in 6 months.

6 comments:

Bev said...

Congrats! That's too exciting!! Ready for more traveling? Hehehe.

MandySue said...

Whoohoo, you should be cherishing these last few cold months because it could be your last for a long time. haha, ya right, I am sure after 12 years here you are totally ready for something different!

Cyndy said...

WOW!!! So exciting for you! YEA!!!!

Ellen said...

I am jealous!

FFFF said...

yeah alot can happen--like a promotion maybe?

Anonymous said...

Any updates Tanya????